1. The Scottish Society of Wilmington (SSOW) has been planning a Scottish Immigration Memorial on the waterfront for several years.
2. The SSOW planners have developed several concepts for this memorial, having recently settled on two key concepts, but the final design will be site-specific.
3. Just as importantly, the SSOW has also developed strategies to achieve these objectives.
4. The site ideally suited for the memorial will be in the historic district of Wilmington along the waterfront.
5. The City of Wilmington, Supervisor of Parks and Recreation, has provided several sites for our review as potential locations for the memorial. The assessment process is currently underway.